Thursday, August 4, 2011

LAMENT OF SEKHMENT


In ancient days eons ago I was created perfect and pure of form
In the dark I knew boundless flight and in the light I knew no storm
My strength un-measureable but a babe’s wisdom is all I did hold
And all the heavens were fair and full of grace until the day I was told
Of the unswerving path set before me - this high doom I now did carry

Perfect indeed I had been created for a terrible purpose to fulfill
Destruction I would bring and annihilation with no mercy would I seal
The doom of others complete and sure for divinely ordered it was to be
I hide as a child afraid of this power that hungered deep inside me
Oh please let this pass another would later ask but I knew the answer before him

Must life end so abrupt let this not be so that my destiny is to destroy and die
As I go under and bow to my master- regret and betrayal is all that my soul can cry
The crimson absolution spreads over the earth and feeds my soul’s dark will
Too far this has gone my Father does cry but I now heed him naught

Come back to me he cries no need for this my divine daughter
Determined course I am now set to rage and rend and slaughter
My father words fall on deaf ear as I become his eye of destruction
Perished is man in my fatal kiss for blood taste sweeter than mead

Now I know the hunger and thirst can never be filled on I rage to eat and drink my fill

No comments:

Post a Comment