Sunday, November 20, 2011

More Desert

Earlier in life I have always equated The Desert ~~spiritually mind you~~ with a huge place away from all life - a place of refuge, contained freedom of a sorts.  Several times in my spiritual journey I have said or felt I was in the desert. A place outside of my journey, physical and spiritual.  A no where place that one cannot escape from until certain criteria is met.  Thus a forced look at self for more growth.  For awhile I actually reveled in this sequestered spiritual place of sand and rock.  Here I had no worries, no bad stuff, sure no growth - just the status quo.  But after time has passed you want to get escape - you need to flee, somewhere - anywhere, because absolutely nothing happens in the desert.  I call it the desert of my discontent.  This desert the one so graciously and originally provided to me by Osiris at a particularly troubling time in my life of spiritual warfare.  A place to re-coup I thought - 'Nay, Nyet and No' sayeth Osiris.  Thus the desert of my discontent made manifest until I was ready to learn, grow and rejoin the path he laid before me.



In the thrall of my writing I feel the rhythm of this Desert; I see The Desert with different eyes.  There are rhythms, cycles, energies, life flowing everywhere. In the real desert I just visited in New Mexico and the Desert of my discontent too.  I have drawn such strength from my self imposed desert incarceration that even though I yearned to be free of it I realize it gives me personal power.  Not once but many times and over several lifetimes.

Now my journey around, over, inside, and through The Desert is making itself known to me in its many facets.  The story of love, betrayal, strength, focus, refuge, endings, and beginnings created from good choices with no outcome and bad choices that take the sojourner down a darkened path to the ultimate destination - the one the gods always intended continues.  The Desert has grown to encompass who I am, where I have always been and where I am going - from The Desert I sprang and to The Desert I will return.  It is the lessons on the road in between that are key; for The Desert remains - me.

No comments:

Post a Comment