Thursday, December 8, 2011

Confronting Life - Avoiding Mediocrity

Confronting new issues subjects, possibilities, alternate roads now.  When I say confronting I mean to challenge, to meet face to face, to brave, to dare, even to defy.  Sometimes we cannot just 'consider' new possibilities.  We need to feel and explore beyond 'weigh the pros and cons' attitude.  There are paths, ideas, events, subjects that must be confronted in defying manner.  To understand them, overcome them or engage wholeheartedly.

Especially in order to realize our potential, stretch our personal event horizon so that our very selves do not fall into the black hole of mediocrity.  I was joking with my beloved today, when he took me to lunch about mediocrity.  I was being extremely weird, saying outlandish things.  I kidded him about being a form of 'different' he has never seem.  He told me had seem it all.  Somehow as we were joking I feigned deep felt hurt and dramatically told him that he had trounced my desire to explore mediocrity as a mundane path for my soul. After we wiped away the tears from the deep belly laugh my wondrous mate in life told me I may be many things but never mediocre. Even if I tried to be mediocre I would make it my own, in true demon goddess fashion (explaining my mood swings when I desperately need to eat  and sleep).

Back to mediocrity, many times we are content to think about, mull over or consider new alternatives, unique situations or the unknown in an out of body, lets sit around drinking coffee and philosophize about this in the non-committal arena of 'what if-ing'.   I believe these new events, circumstance and situations should be met head on as if we are preparing for battle, or as if we have been dumped in a foreign country with no contacts.  Viewing these challenges as if our survival depends on it - and in a way it does.

Do we wish to just survive, hang on, scrape though - never rocking the boat afraid our neat little mediocre ordered life might be upset.  So we are turned over in the water - maybe we find the water is shallow or we float.  For me I love taking these challenges to find I can breather under water or I can fly.  So now I relish the challenge - I have taken up my torch and knapsack ready to engage these new possibilities in the aggressive manner that is me. Which means no whining today.

No comments:

Post a Comment