Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Desert

The desert so present in my life right now.  A friend just posted about the desert on a totally different subject matter in a different forum.  But the desert has cropped up again for me today, this week, this year - this life.  The desert has been calling me loudly for days, has moved from the edge of my horizon to encompassing my event horizon.  The deep red of the desert, the hard earth and soaring mesas.  The eagle, the mountain lion, the coyote, the jack rabbit, the rattlesnake, the horned toad and the tarantula all call to me in my dreams, my visions my very words.  Nightly I dream of the desert, having visions of the desert, I am writing a story that takes place in the desert - my poetry that speaks of the desert is surfacing today. 

A warm orangy red energy - desert energy has surrounded me today - a very feminine energy.  While at any other time I would say it is Sekhmet I know her energy all too well, this energy is Native American.  My roots are showing and I believe I will find the answer in the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment